BROWNIE BRITTLE PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE PIE
Ingredients For the crust:
- 2 cups Brownie Brittle crumbs (about 8 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
Ingredients For the filling:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Ingredients for Topping:
- Peppermint crunch baking chips
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce, if desired
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Add melted butter to brownie brittle crumbs and mix until combined.
- Press brownie brittle mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan, then set aside.
- Whisk the cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and remaining milk to a sauce pan and melt on medium-low heat until smooth, whisking to keep from burning.
- Once melted, add cornstarch mixture and peppermint extract and whisk together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. It will begin to thicken.
- Once boiling, whisk continuously for about 2 minutes, until fully thickened.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, then make ganache.
To make the ganache:
- Put chocolate chips into a metal bowl.
- Put heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl, or glass measuring cup. Microwave until it begins to boil, then remove and pour over the chocolate.
- Immediately cover tightly with clear wrap and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Remove wrap and whisk until smooth.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and pour ganache over top of the pie, spreading into an even layer.
- Refrigerate pie until completely set, another hour or two.
- Once ready to serve, top pie with whipped cream, peppermint crunch baking pieces and chocolate sauce.
Recipe Created by Food Blogger Lindsay of LifeLoveandSugar.com